Google is expanding its footprint and workforce in Chicago
Chicago won the approval of Google and now the company will have an expansion plan and also add workforce in it.
Google revealed the details for Impact Challenge Illinois, and announced the finalist to offer bold economic ideas for backward communities. Mattoon in Motion, is an Organization for Community Development of Southeastern Illinois is the winner. It has a plan to launch an Innovation Centre with this grant. This will be a mutual work space catering to the entrepreneurs for receiving the inputs covering training, resources, mentoring as well as coaching. Moreover, the Mayor Rahm Emanuel, and Google officials, announced that the company was leasing space in the West Loop. Furthermore it offers the capacity to increase its present workforce in Chicago. Google will increase its present workforce by of 1,000 employees and add 100 by December 2019. There is a plan to build a hub for Financial Team in Chicago.
Career in Technology
People will get the benefit and also have a bright career in technology in Chicago itself. There was no need for moving to the Bay Area. Google also has a fast pace for growth outside the Bay Area than inside it. Additionally, Google has its Chicago headquarters at 320 N. Morgan which commenced in Nov 2015. Its Corporate Offices exists at 210 N. Carpenter. Moreover, the company has a plan to invest $13 billion in the new data centers across the country in 2019. There were investments worth $9 billion and 10,000 new employees during the last year. It has Major plans for expansion in 14 states. After looking at many cities the decision was in favor of Chicago. It was perfect because of a fine culture, emphasis on community and diversity.
Mattoon in Motion was the winner of the $250,000 award. There was an online campaign of one after public voted to select the finest proposal from 10 Non-profit organizations. This competition attracted 170 proposals from such organizations in the state. Ed Dowd, Executive Director, Mattoon Chamber of Commerce, said that this was the result of the community effort and a shining example of rural community cooperating to facilitate more opportunities for growing local talents. The bonus award will also benefit them in a big way. The competition had a dream team panel to judge the outcome.
Additionally, Google has offered such competitions which had a focus on cities like Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbia, and Oklahoma City. Impact Challenge Illinois, has an award of $1 million, and was open for a state.
The winners in Chicago were:
- North Lawndale Employment Network, which create new jobs for incarcerated persons;
- True Star Foundation, which teaches entrepreneurship and digital skills to youth;
- After School Matters, which provide wrap-around services for disconnected youth;
- Future Founders Foundation, which nurtures entrepreneurs;
- Manufacturing Renaissance, which also prepares deserving youth for new jobs in manufacturing,
- Cara Chicago, which provides job training and placement to poor families;
- Girl Scouts of Southern Illinois, which offer a special program for girls in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics for rural counties;
- Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs, which creates grocery stores owned by communities in small towns; and finally
- The YWCA of McLean County, which provides employment training for incarcerated women.
We at Jobs and Permits, assist in CV Writing, and also provide job assistance. Our goal is to provide excellent job opportunities around the globe. All the persons interested in such matters can contact us.